Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

I can't believe I've done it again!

10 years ago someone told me that you shouldn't stand on the soil in your garden. It is a living, breathing entity and doesn't like to be squashed. So my solution has been to put a board down that is the entire length of the garden. I stand on that as I plant and weed.
This idea works for the later summer but each spring several of my tulips are trapped underneath the board and they don't get any light. When I finally remember to lift the board I am greeted with a sorry sight. The tulip leaves are a bright yellow and all spindly. It's like the life has been choked out of them.
So what does this have to do with Family Caregivers?
We all need light and air or we'll shrivel up just like my tulips. We also need someone to lift the board off of us to lighten our burden. That's what Caregiver Access will be doing for you over the next few months. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment